Sunday, December 11, 2011

Victorinox Soldier's Knife 1945 with a saw

I really love the old soldier's knives and i have at least one of each decade, starting from 1920 till the new soldier's knife of 2008.
This is a rare variation of a soldier's knife, because except for the standard tools, it has a third layer that includes a saw. It's in very good condition and on the blade has the number 45, that indicates that was made in 1945 and also the letter P, that stands for Private. The Swiss soldier had the option to buy his own army knife. These purchased knives were not subjected to any military inspections. Many Swiss soldiers tended to have two knives, the first one that they got it from the Swiss Army, and a second one that they have bought it for everyday use. I found this knife with a leather sheath and it's one of my rarest soldier's knives.






2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Is a great tool!! And with saw... Great..
    I love this model, and I hope to have one someday...

    The only thing I can do is to make this tribute to the soldier for the 2014 classic design contest.
    Hope you like, and hope somebody help to make it real.

    Thanks for show and thanks for the support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your good words Cesar.
    I believe that this model is very rare, i didn't see it again for sale, or in someone's collection.
    I was very lucky that in that time that show up i was able to buy it.
    It's one of my three last old Swiss soldier's knives that i have, the rest i was forced to sell them.
    Can you tell me more about the soldier for the 2014 classic design contest?
    It's very interesting, because nowadays i don't have the time to spend as i used to do about Swiss knives.

    All the best
    Marios

    ReplyDelete