Sunday, February 26, 2012

Victorinox SwissChamp XLT and XAVT - The Big ones!

The Victorinox SwissChamp XLT is a very large 11 layer Swiss Army Knife. It has 50 functions its 91mm length, but increasing in width. On the other hand the SwissChamp XAVT  is the largest Swiss Army Knife made by Victorinox. It offers 80 functions in a standard 91mm knife that is 64.6mm in width. The knife consists of 118 individual pieces and a skilled craftsman assembles each knife by hand.
You can see the difference in width compared to my regular SwissChamp who i have for EDC.






                                      Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. I bought the swisschamp xlt several years ago, and I still have it today. Excellent multitool. I just saw the xavt for sale in a store in the usa that i'll be visiting soon, but man, is it ever expensive, compared to my xlt. I bought my xlt from a knife store for $135, which I thought was way too good of a deal, and I was right, as the same store sells it for $300! Is it worth my while to consider the xavt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The XAVT is mostly for collectors, it's difficult to use it for any job because of its width.
    (Try to unscrew a screw in a tight space, and you will understand what i mean!)
    My opinion for your dilemma, is to stay with the XLT.
    All the best
    Marios

    ReplyDelete