Thursday, December 20, 2012

Old Wenger Knife of 1935

This is a old Wenger Knife with brown fiber scales and with the rivets visible.
Wenger changed from brown fiber to red plastic handles on their standard models some time in the mid 1930s and also changed the screwdriver/bottle opener about that time. 
So this knife is from 1935 onwards.
It was in a bad condition because it has some type of glue in the front scale and a lot of dirt inside the dividers. It took me a few hours to restore it, but it worth the time that i spent.
(Not available for sell)






 





                                      Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful knife! Nicely restored. The old type reamer stays the most beautiful one. Too bad they changed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you.
    I really like the Swiss knives that have the old type reamer.
    I have only a few with that type of reamer, and they are the most precious SAKs of my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FROM "researching army knives":
    Beautiful knife - where do you find these old pocket knives? I've been browsing antique malls, pawn shops, and the craigslist of my area but just wondering if you had any other suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your good words.
    Most of my rarest Swiss knives i found them in Ebay from some good sellers.
    Search in Ebay and keep an eye in the feedback of a seller.
    All the best
    Marios

    ReplyDelete